FakeApp v2.1, the Electron recreation of FakeApp, is finished. You can download it and find screenshots of it working here.
Following on from the FakeApp v1.1 tutorial (which should be used as a primer) – comes the newest version 2.1 – make sure you follow the instructions carefully, if you need help you can find it within the Reddit communities.
- One-button video creation.
- One-button dataset creation.
- More streamlined, cohesive UI.
- Packaged into one installer, potential for desktop/start menu shortcuts.
- Abstracted out command prompts.
- Packaged FFMPEG, removing the need for manual video-to-image conversion.
- Text fields replaced with more intuitive drop-downs.
- Single error log.
- Download CUDA 8.0 and store it’s bin folder in the PATH environment variable
- Split some videos with your two desired faces into two sets of a few hundred frames each with a tool like FFMPEG. If you use FFMPEG, the command you want is:
ffmpeg -i scene.mp4 -vf fps=[FPS OF VIDEO] "out%d.png". After splitting, run both directories of split frames through the “Extract” tool to produce training data
- Switch to the “Train” tool, and input the paths of the training data produced in step 1 (it should be in a folder called “aligned”) as well as the “models” folder along with this project (which you can move somewhere convenient)
- Train until the preview window shows results you are satisfied with
- Split the video to be faked into frames and run the “Convert” tool on them to create faked frames, which can then be re-merged into a deepfaked video
- Copy and reuse the same encoders for faster results in future fakes
-CUDA 8.0 must be installed, and its bin folder must be included in the PATH environment variable.
-At least a few GB of free space on disk to allow the app to create Temp files
-Run fakeapp.bat to launch the app
RuntimeError: module compiled against api version 0xc but this version numpy is 0xb is just a warning related to how the alignment libraries were installed, the app will run properly despite it appearing if no other errors occur
-It may take 30-45 seconds after pressing the Start button for the app to unpack and start the training/merging scripts the first time
-You can still quit training by focusing the training window and pressing “q”
-Paths to models/data must be absolute, not relative